Health care is all about conversations, with over 2B spoken conversations each year between patients and their care teams in just the United States. However, people forget up to 80% of those conversations, leading to worse patient outcomes. And doctors are burning out writing notes in their EMRs instead of focusing on their patients. That’s where Abridge comes in — our audio-based standalone and integrated solutions record and summarize medical conversations, anywhere care happens.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager to join our product team. You’ll be responsible for one of Abridge’s key products, and act as the voice of the market and the customer to solve better real-world challenges, increase customer satisfaction, and drive growth and profitability.
You’ll work closely with our world class engineering, machine learning, design, marketing, sales, implementation, and support teams to launch improvements that scale our product and business. You’ll be an integral part of the product team, and collaborate closely with product leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities to better capture healthcare stories.
What You'll Do
- Lead and own product lifecycle, working with cross-functional teams and incorporating data and research to inform product strategies and roadmaps.
- Ensure product success by measuring and proposing new initiatives to improve user adoption, retention, and satisfaction.
- Keep team members and stakeholders highly aligned with roadmap prioritization updates and decisions, and ensure user and technical issues are promptly prioritized and resolved
- Engage broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize, frame, and structure product strategy for new initiatives.
- Assist the overall product team in implementing methodologies, tools, and systems that provide visibility and increase efficiencies and productivity.
- Develop an ongoing relationship with customers and partners that are integral in driving Abridge’s goals to gather requests and feature ideas and prioritize them within our larger strategy context
- Weigh technical tradeoffs and to have in depth discussions with scientists and engineers on the nuances and interactions of complex AI systems.
- Understand AI technologies, machine learning algorithms, and data science principles; and understand standard and emerging tools.
- Support compliance with security and privacy regulations related to healthcare data
Your ideal background
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building products with natural language processing (NLP)
- Clinical background or experience with clinical products
- Startup experience and extreme comfort with ambiguity
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding when to be scrappy v. when to be a perfectionist
- Ability to introduce new best practices as we scale
Life at Abridge
At Abridge, we’re driven by our mission to bring understanding and follow-through to every medical conversation. Our culture is founded on doing things the “inverse” way in a legacy system—focusing on patients, instead of the system; focusing on outcomes, instead of billing; and focusing on the end-user experience, instead of a hospital administrator's mandate.
Abridgers are engineers, scientists, designers, and health policy experts from a diverse set of backgrounds—an experiment in alchemy that helps us transform an industry dominated by EHRs and enterprise into a consumer-driven experience, one recording at a time. We believe in strong ideas, loosely held, and place a high premium on a growth mindset. We push each other to grow and expose each other to the latest in our respective fields. Whether it’s holding a PhD-level deep dive into understanding fairness and underlying bias in machine learning models, debating the merits of a Scandinavian design philosophy in our UI/UX, or writing responses for Medicare rules to influence U.S. health policy, we prioritize sharing our findings across the team and helping each other be successful.
Abridge is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).
Something looks off?