Senior Product Manager
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 7, 2023
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
To achieve this, we're building a computer-aided design (CAD) platform to engineer cells, and we're looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead its development. Our goal is to create better design tools for bioengineers. This includes quantitative design of genetic functions, distilling insight from multiomics “debugging” data, and machine learning-based simulation of biological systems. The ideal candidate has deep domain expertise in launching scientific software products for the life sciences.
As our Senior Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Dive deep into the genetic engineering landscape, identifying high-impact opportunities for software to improve Asimov’s and our customers’ cell engineering workflows
- Develop strong, direct communication channels to leadership and customers to prioritize high impact improvements in our software
- Define a vision for how to evolve our CAD platform to address these improvements and radically advance the ability to engineer genetic systems
- Work with our software organization to translate this vision into a feasible roadmap and deliver it on time
- Pair closely with our machine learners, computational biologists, and mammalian synthetic biologists to influence experimental directions in the lab, resulting in richer customer experiences
- Define the culture of our product function, enabling scalable growth in product management as our organization scales
This high-impact role will be responsible for orchestrating many functions to build genetic design tools. As an experienced product manager, you have an ability to make things happen around you: building products that delight users, rallying team members around milestones, managing ambiguity and complexity in the customer experience, championing a data-driven mindset for product roadmaps, and creating purposeful organizational structures. You keep up with the fast-paced landscape of software products in the life sciences. You are excited to be the product owner for our CAD platform and advocate on behalf of our customers. You are passionate about joining an early stage startup where autonomy, passion to learn, and excitement to engineer biology take precedence over process and ego. You drive for impact, embrace a collaborative mindset, and cultivate a passion for continuous learning.
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.
See more open positions at Asimov
Something looks off?