Research Associate, High-Throughput Assays
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
As a full-time Research Associate on the Foundry team, this individual will contribute to developing new tools for genetic engineering as well as research projects to develop high-throughput screening workflows. Working closely with Asimov’s world-class synthetic biology and high-throughput experimentation teams, the Research Associate will bring experience working in mammalian tissue culture, synthetic biology, and/or high-throughput assays. This is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup and help build the future of biological engineering.
About the Role:
- As part of a cross-functional team, you’ll work to support development of an ambitious mammalian synthetic biology engineering platform.
- You'll perform critical high-throughput biological processes and assays, including transfection, tissue culture, and cell characterization using laboratory automation and advanced analytical instrumentation.
- By developing novel workflows and supporting the development of research projects, you’ll help Asimov build novel molecular tools for synthetic biology.
- You'll design, analyze and troubleshoot experiments while maintaining detailed records.
- Clearly documenting and sharing plans, progress and results is a crucial part of this role.
- We have a hybrid team structure but our core team works from our lab in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston, MA.
- You have a B.S or B.A. in Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, or a related field.
- You have hands-on experience in mammalian tissue culture, molecular cloning and cell-based assays.
- Generating, analyzing and interpreting data is your happy place and you don’t consider your work complete until you’ve documented and shared your results.
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a sound bite for you, it’s part of your DNA.
- Keeping track of a bunch of moving parts is easy for you because you’re highly organized.
- Collaborating with people across multiple teams with diverse and varying communication styles is no problem for you because you have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- We especially want to talk if you have experience performing flow cytometry, NGS or other omics-type assays.
- Bonus points if you have experience with high-throughput laboratory instruments and automation.
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.
See more open positions at Asimov
Something looks off?