Senior Frontend Engineer, Kernel (Boulder)
Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with expertise in building complex frontend applications at scale. At Asimov, we are creating a state-of-the-art platform to program living cells, named Kernel, that allows bioengineers to design, build, and debug genetic systems at scale.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that works directly with our internal group of scientists, synthetic biologists, and computational biologists as well as your teammates in software engineering and product.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build, and maintain software tools that are used by bioengineers to advance the design and manufacture of biologics and gene therapies
- Directly shape the software architecture and be involved in the long-term product direction
- Work with a modern frontend stack (TypeScript, React, and Next.js)
- Work with our product team to design novel user interfaces and data visualizations for an emerging field of engineering
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support the software you’ve helped develop
- Interface directly with members of the synthetic biology team to identify and prioritize potential improvements to software systems
- Contribute to Asimov’s technology platform, direction, and culture
What You’ll Bring:
- A sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and the desire to ship challenging technical products
- The ability to navigate the ambiguity of building something that is first-of-its-kind
- Multiple years of experience working on large, complex frontend applications
- Sound technical judgement that considers both quality and performance
- Passion for joining an early stage startup where autonomy, passion to learn, and excitement to engineer biology take precedence over process and ego
- The ability to regularly work from our Boulder office
The base salary range for this role starts at $170,000/year.
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.