Scientist/Senior Scientist, Analytical Development
About the Role:
- Develop analytical methods, including CE, HPLC, UV, MS, and/or other analytical techniques; author analytical SOPs and development reports.
- Implement analytical methods to support research and development efforts at Asimov, with a primary emphasis on biologics and viral vectors.
- Independently design and execute experiments, analyze data, and deliver results.
- Share findings with cross-functional teams and effectively communicate critical analytical issues and solutions.
- Prioritize adherence to project timelines and maintain regular communication with stakeholders.
- Continuously improve research and development skills to advance analytical technical capabilities, and publish and present new research findings at conferences.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Engineering, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or a closely related discipline. M.S. candidates with 5+ years of biopharma analytical experience will also be considered. The title and level will be determined based on education and years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in electrophoresis, HPLC/UPLC, UV, and/or MS.
- Proficiency in designing and operating automated sample preparation systems. Experience with robotic liquid handling, automated pipetting, and other relevant automation technologies for sample preparation is highly desirable.
- Affinity-based purification (e.g., ProA column or beads, automated sample processing) and other sample preparation experiences would be a great plus.
- An understanding of analytical quality-by-design principles and experience with analytical method development to support preclinical enabling activities and early biologics development is preferred.
- Proficiency in effective written and verbal communication, as well as presentations.