Senior Computational Biologist
About the role:
- Contribute to the design and analysis of engineered mammalian cell lines
- Work closely with bench scientists by guiding experimental workflows and quantitative measurements to ensure statistical rigor
- Regularly dive deep into the multiomics stack, innovate on analysis techniques, and present findings to our organization, leadership, and partners
- Explore novel genomics and machine learning algorithms
- Pair with our software engineers to automate the lifecycle of our cell programming platform through NGS analysis and cutting edge machine learning methods
- Be directly involved in the long-term computational biology roadmap at Asimov
- Be directly involved in building our technology platform, business strategy, and company culture
- You are a highly skilled technical leader in computational biology interested in engineering biology, and with years of experience in an industry or research position.
- You are passionate about joining an early stage startup where autonomy, passion to learn, and excitement to engineer biology take precedence over process and ego.
- You embrace ambiguity and always drive for impact. In addition, you have extensive experience with software scripting (e.g., Python and R), bioinformatic toolsets, high-performance and cloud computing, a strong foundation in statistics and statistical design of experiments, a collaborative mindset, and a passion for continuous learning.