Chief of Staff
Opportunity: Minus is seeking a Chief of Staff and sales support to catalyze the business for the next phase of growth. We are seeking a highly motivated Chief of Staff to support our CEO in driving the strategic direction and growth of our organization. As a key liaison between the CEO and the rest of the organization, you will ensure that information is disseminated effectively. Moreover, you will be responsible for supporting the CEO in the strategic planning and execution of long-term goals and initiatives while identifying potential risks and opportunities. Overall, the COS will ensure our CEO stays focused on strategic priorities, effectively manages their time, and will foster seamless communication and collaboration across the organization. Furthermore, you will support commercial and sales efforts. Responsible for building relationships, growing the company’s business, and ensuring flawless execution within retail customers in the San Francisco area with a line of sight to regional expansion in the future. This role requires both high-level strategy and “in the weeds” execution including the development of strong relationships with store management and the development of business. This person will need to create a strategic vision that aligns Minus’ goals with the customers' goals, foster long-term business relationships, and acquire new accounts.
The Company: At Minus, we are on a mission to inspire change for people obsessed with food and the planet by transforming low-value inputs into high-value, sustainable, delicious products via fermentation. Through fermentation, Minus can change the broad future of food, starting with coffee. Coffee minus the beans- change is caffeinated here.
Specifically, s/he will:
- Act as the CEO's right-hand person, supporting and advising them in all aspects of their role.
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and other departments within the company to ensure that goals and objectives are aligned and achieved.
- Ownership of company leadership meetings, overseeing the meeting agenda, facilitating discussions, driving follow-up actions and initiatives, and holding leaders accountable.
- Lead and manage special projects assigned by the CEO that require cross-collaboration or outside the scope of existing functions, ensuring timely delivery and successful completion.
- Provide strategic and operational support to the CEO, including conducting research and analysis, preparing reports, and making recommendations.
- Creates and maintains systems and processes to optimize and streamline operations across the company
- Anticipate potential issues or roadblocks and proactively develop solutions.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment by building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement local market winning strategies throughout San Francisco based on overall company sales goals and objectives
- Secure new accounts through presentation of the brand and sales story to buyers
- Present on and ensure execution of new product launches, new items, promotions and secondary placements
- Identify and build relationships within the retailer’s vendor network and territory (distributors, merchandisers, brokers, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to expand distribution and continue to drive growth within retailers
- At least 3 years of experience as a Chief of Staff, management consultant, or similar role with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in business or related area of study.
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, agile environment, with the ability to manage rapidly changing priorities and operate under high levels of uncertainty.
- Strong leadership skills and a commitment to Minus values.
- Exceptional project management abilities, with a proven track record of successfully leading and managing complex initiatives from start to finish.
- Possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to drive results and ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Experience managing budgets, contracts, and contractor relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Experience working with data, including KPI analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Understanding of organizational dynamics and a proven ability to operate with emotional and political intelligence.
- Ability to uphold a high standard of integrity and discretion.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Experience working in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Interest in food science, climate tech, fermentation and coffee.
- PMP Certification.
- High emotional intelligence (EQ) and self-understanding with ability flex/adjust leadership style to work with many different people
- Decisive and confident communication style
- Direct and transparent
- Deep care for your work and company
- Ability to work in a fast paced high energy environment
- Has the discipline and motivation to work independently
- Holds themselves accountable to performing at a high level
Minus Coffee is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 714-856-1095 for assistance.