Quality Engineering Lead
Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to join Higharc’s growing team. As the first hire in this department in this role, you will help shape the future of quality at Higharc by driving both the strategy and execution of our quality imperatives. You would operate as a part of our Engineering team.
Higharc is fully remote; this role can sit anywhere in the continental US.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Quality @ Higharc: Report quality related KPIs and improve them though your work
- Automate the Automatable: Write code, develop frameworks and create tools that level up our product’s quality
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with other engineers, product, and customer success teams to define expected behavior, discover gaps in existing testing, and ultimately ensure customers are happy
- Problem Solving and Tradeoffs: Our system is able to generate billions of unique homes, more than any human (or test suite) can test completely; you’ll think deeply about this problem and what can be done
- Team Management: Lead QA team members (in-house or outsource) with the opportunity to hire as the team grows
- Continuous Improvement: Iterate and evolve quality methodologies, incorporating new tools and refine as appropriate
Ideally you have a strong interest in the homebuilding industry, whether it's a passion for homes, construction, or home design and you’re motivated by the prospect of elevating an entire industry through quality engineering. Your ability to be hands-on, while also focusing on the bigger strategic picture, sets up apart. Leading a QA team at Higharc is a goal you’re excited about, and you're not hesitant to deeply understand our codebase to contribute effectively to it.
You also have:
- 5+ years of experience working in Quality Engineering or SDET roles
- Experience creating, managing and running a comprehensive set of testing tools and systems
- Able to understand and “white box test” a large, modern TypeScript + React codebase
- Experience with automated testing of:
- Rich graphical browser UIs based on HTML’s canvas element and/or Three.js
- React web applications
- REST APIs
- Bias towards automation, but know when manual testing is the right tool for job
- Natural curiosity and a keen interest in staying abreast of new technologies and testing methodologies
- Excel at communicating within a dynamic organization — highlighting tradeoffs, delivery timelines, and making decisions considering various alternatives
Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We offer flexible hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.