Head of Capital Markets
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, September 5, 2022
Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.
We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably have recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by BostInno, HousingWire, and more!
In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.
Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.
We are seeking a Head of Capital Markets to architect the company’s forward-looking capital strategy. In this leadership role, you’d be responsible for developing and executing on Hometap’s asset capital strategy, finding the best market fit for Hometap’s residential real estate assets. The Head of Capital Markets will grow a strategy and team focused on the optimization, structure, pricing, and go-to-market approach across various potential investor segments. We’re looking for a candidate who brings a career in capital markets, a deep knowledge of the landscape, and extensive deal execution experience.
What you'll do:
- Lead all aspects of our investment asset capital strategy and execution, as well as fundraising activities
- Explore a wide range of capital structures including funds, forward flows, debt facilities, REIT structures, securitizations, etc. to optimize Hometap’s business model and long term company value
- Position Hometap’s investor products for a diverse set of investor verticals working closely with the investor product team
- Lead the structuring and execution of capital raising transactions across multiple structures / investor types
- Assist in management of our capital pipeline and ongoing capital relationships
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and building a new asset class
- Deeply understand our operating company; work closely with our CEO, CFO, COO, GC and VP of Capital
- Lead executive and departmental meetings to drive projects and processes
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years experience in capital markets function, with meaningful experience leading a team and function
- Experience in building a new asset class for the broader capital markets
- Experience with institutional capital structuring and execution working with credit funds, insurance, REIT and/or similar alternative asset buyers
- Deep understanding and experience in several of the following: Real estate capital markets (ex: REITs), asset backed securitizations, debt / credit facility financing and/or rating execution
- Extensive deal execution experience
- Strong knowledge of structured financial products and debt capital markets
- Ability to evaluate and execute various asset-backed financing solutions (debt and equity)
- Deep understanding of asset backed securities and relevant funding strategies
- Comfortable working in highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environments
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the organization
- Bonus points: Experience in a capital markets function at a fintech or proptech company
- Location: Hometap works primarily remotely, with a home base in Boston. There is a strong preference for a candidate located in either Boston or NY for this role.
- Base salary for the role - $250,000 - $275,000. Benefits, bonus potential and incentive units round out the compensation package
Hometap is on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our home equity investment product provides homeowners with a fast, simple, and straightforward way to access the equity in their home without taking out a loan or having to sell. By investing alongside homeowners, Hometap offers debt-free cash in exchange for a share of their home’s future value — all without any monthly payments or interest over the life of the investment. Through a combination of financial innovation and best-in-class customer service, Hometap enables people to get more from homeownership so they can get more from life.
Hometap believes that our differences are what bring us together, and one of our biggest priorities is creating a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member’s unique perspective, background, and ideas. All roles here are filled based solely on candidates’ qualifications and our business needs.
Hometap is based in Boston, but will consider remote work for this position; however, the position must be performed in the United States entirely outside of Colorado.
See more open positions at Hometap
Something looks off?