Front End Engineering Manager
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of 5+ remote/local engineers working primarily in Python and React.
- Work collaboratively with the team in developing requirements, communicating a holistic picture of what we are building, and sharing accurate development timelines.
- Align with and advise the team’s Architects to contribute to broader engineering decision-making (particularly with Front-End architecture).
- Communicate with stakeholders and function leads to ensure that the team is working toward company and team-oriented goals.
- Regularly meet with direct reports to establish and maintain strong working relationships and trust; provide mentorship, advice, and training; and bring out the absolute best out of each engineer on the team.
- Foster a culture of close collaboration and trust between engineers.
- Contribute to our broader engineering organizational efforts, including hiring, career growth, remote work, and other company-wide projects.
- Hold bi-annual performance reviews and review team performance on an ongoing basis, providing and/or responding to team feedback.
- Participate in Agile rituals (standups, story estimations, retros) and lead regular team meetings.
- Maintain continuous improvement of engineering processes and practices.
- Contribute to the code base via hands-on development as well as active code review.
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years experience as a developer, with meaningful experience leading engineering teams and system-level design.
- Strong proficiency with front-end development (React preferred).
- A management style driven by empathy and humility, leading by example, and providing support and service to the team.
- A great track record of working alongside cross-functional peers in making thoughtful and balanced team decisions.
- Experience building production systems and infrastructure with evolving business requirements, with a focus on both collaboration and speed.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, with a readiness to jump in and support the team hands-on with deep knowledge of front-end development (Bonus points for React/SPA subject matter expertise).
- Good instincts in navigating individual and team conversations, with comfort in handling difficult conversations.
- Experience navigating and driving change for the benefit of the team and the business.
- Confidence in your technical knowledge and ability to best deliver on evolving engineering commitments.