The Engineering team at Jellyfish is maturing, and after a year of record growth we are looking to add people who are passionate about making an impact and playing a role in helping us scale. Our Engineering Managers are servant leaders who support engineers across delivery teams and embed with a single delivery team to help them move from forming to performing and achieve their full potential.
Let’s talk about responsibilities.
- Work with engineers on career development and mentor them through the challenges they face as they grow
- Manage the hiring process for one or more pipelines and consistently identify and hire great talent
- Embed with a delivery team and use your experience and influence to guide the team to optimal ways of working and delivering
- Coach a delivery team’s engineering/product/design triad to drive features from ideation to delivery
- Work with engineering leaders on alignment of your team's efforts to overall company strategy
- Stay connected to the implementation of key features either through code review and design review
- Provide support for production operations of the Jellyfish product
- Actively promote a culture supportive of growth and inclusion
Let’s talk about what you need to excel
- Strong interest or experience building and leading teams developing SaaS platforms, including shaping team structures and ways of working (as opposed to executing someone else's process)
- Great at asking questions, figuring out what needs to be done, building consensus, and executing
- You are a committed servant leader, focused on enabling and empowering teams and people to achieve big results
- Worked in a matrix style organization and know how to navigate in a world that is not run by top-down directives
- Love learning new things and teaching others what you know
- Excited about data, and measuring and quantifying the things that make successful engineering teams
- Have outstanding communication and collaboration skills
A list of job experiences and qualification requirements is great, but humility, a performance-driven attitude, and a team-player approach are most important to us. We love to have fun and win in the process. We only hire people who have a passion for building great companies in an environment where a sense of humor is a must.
Let’s talk about us!
This is all about you, but you want to know a little about us. Jellyfish was started in 2017 as a team of three with one big idea: engineering is the core of modern business, so let’s create and manage it that way! With the help of our customers, we have built the first Engineering Management Platform, providing visibility into engineering organizations, their work, and how they operate. We enable leaders to align engineering decisions with business initiatives and deliver the right software efficiently and on time.
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.