Frontend Software Engineer
The team at Jellyfish is changing how product development happens, helping engineering teams learn how to work together and communicate more effectively. We’re in search of a front-end engineer who’s passionate about improving the user experience, learning from customers, and delivering high-quality code to make it happen. Ideally, you’ve worked on a SaaS product in the past using React and are as comfortable working in partnership with product and design on feature discovery as you are putting together the ideas into code. This is a great opportunity to be a member of an exceptional engineering organization with high agency: where you can help shape the features your team builds and how your team builds them.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop beautiful, robust user interfaces using React, TypeScript, and Ant Design components
- Be eager to experiment, iterate, and learn quickly as we work to simplify our app and make it more dynamic and personalized
- Design, plan, and implement key features as part of a highly effective team
- Parse, understand, and if desired, participate in customer research and discovery to make better and more informed product and technical decisions
- Communicate effectively about project status, technical issues, and breaking down work
- Engage in your team’s processes and work to continually improve your team’s capabilities
- Provide technical and product expertise within your team and across the organization
- Actively participate in a culture supportive of growth and inclusion on your team
- Strive to understand your users well and have experience adapting a product based on eagerly seeking out their feedback
- Know how to build and support production web applications
- Strong programming experience with expertise in at least one web framework, and are open-minded and excited to learn new ones
- Visual design sensibility in addition to being a hands-on builder
- Curious and great at asking questions, figuring out what needs to be done, building consensus, and executing
- Considerate of both the needs of the user and the needs of the business when designing a solution
- Love learning new things and sharing knowledge with others
- Strong communication skills, and enjoy working as part of a team
- Located in EST or CST time zone
Bonus points if:
- Experience building visualizations for applications that ingest, process, and analyze large amounts of data
- You can contribute in areas of the stack besides the front end, or have interest in building some capabilities there
- Familiarity with usability testing and optimization
- Previous experience in a fast-changing startup before and loved it
A list of job experiences and qualification requirements is great, but humility, a performance-driven attitude, and a team-player approach are most important to us. We love to have fun and win in the process. We only hire people who have a passion for building great companies in an environment where a sense of humor is a must.
Let’s talk about us!
This is all about you, but you want to know a little about us. Jellyfish was started in 2017 as a team of three with one big idea: engineering is the core of modern business, so let’s create and manage it that way! With the help of our customers, we have built the first Engineering Management Platform, providing visibility into engineering organizations, their work, and how they operate. We enable leaders to align engineering decisions with business initiatives and deliver the right software efficiently and on time.
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.