HPC Engineer - GPU
Neural Magic is an early stage AI software company pioneering a new way for organizations to run deep learning applications on any hardware. Based on decades of parallel computing research at MIT, Neural Magic has developed a software platform for deep learning inference that allows developers to sparsify and quantize deep learning models to minimize footprint, achieve GPU-class performance on CPUs, and run larger models in smaller GPU memory. Please look through our website and GitHub repos to get a feel of what we are about.
Founded by an award-winning team of computer scientists out of MIT, Neural Magic is a venture-backed company headquartered in Davis Square, Somerville, MA. Neural Magic investors include Amdocs, Andreessen Horowitz, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Pillar VC.
If you are someone who wants to contribute to solving challenging technical problems at the forefront of deep learning, this is the role for you.
We are looking for senior engineers excited to work with machine learning, parallel and concurrent algorithms, interested in working closely with the founding team, and who want to contribute to solving challenging, high-performance computing problems.
- Write robust and modern C++, working on high-performance machine learning primitives, just-in-time compilation, performance analysis and modeling, and numerical methods.
- Review code and help develop best practices for the team.
- Work closely with machine learning teams to attain high performance for neural networks in the engine.
You must have the following:
- Extensive experience in writing high performance code for GPUs and deep knowledge of GPU hardware
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or computer engineering
And experience in the following:
- High performance computing
- Mathematical software, especially linear algebra or signal processing
We would prefer if you have experience in the following:
- Modern C++
- Tensor computations
- Compilers or code generation
- Deep neural network models and techniques
COMMUNICATION & CULTURE
- A self-directed practitioner who learns fast
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility
- Genuine interest in learning
- Open to feedback from peers
- Willing to work outside of comfort zone
Neural Magic is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.