Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a talented Pathology Assistant for our newly acquired PathAI Diagnostics Division. This person will be responsible for performing accessioning, dissection, description, and histological sampling of a full range of biopsy tissue and surgical specimens in the Diagnostics lab and will report to the Laboratory Supervisor at PathAI Diagnostics. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for healthcare with a strong attention to detail and is ready to apply their skill set in a fast-paced and growing company helping shape AI-powered pathology
WORKING HOURS: 3:00AM - 11:30AM Tuesday - Saturday | The hourly rate for this role is $19.00 to start. After 3 Months of work experience with us the hourly rate will increase to $21.00.
What You’ll Do
- Performs and / or assists pathologists in the accessioning, dissection, description, and histological sampling of a full range of anatomical specimens.
- Helps train entry level pathologists’ assistants in gross room pathology methodology and procedures, under guidance and within protocol parameters provided by medical professional staff.
- Coordinates the acquisition of tissue specimens used for research purposes or for histology trainees.
- Participates in the accessioning and labeling of specimens, specimen storage and disposal, and the maintenance of reagents and equipment in the gross room.
- Assists in the histology laboratory in preparing slides.
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as requested or assigned.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science preferred
- Minimum requirements for persons having earned a Bachelor’s degree in a subject other than a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science include:
- At least 60 semester hours, or equivalent, from an accredited institution that includes one of the following:
- 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses
- 6 semester hours of chemistry, 6 semester hours of biology, and 12 additional semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent and have documentation of training appropriate for gross examination of patient specimen(s) prior to September 1, 1995
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a laboratory setting preferred
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
Something looks off?