Medical Revenue Recovery Specialist
This is an in office opportunity.
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Financial Recovery Specialist reporting to the Billing Manager at the Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and a team player who is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor credit balance accounts and work accordingly
- Thoroughly review and reconcile insurance refund requests in a timely manner; dispute refund request when necessary
- Follow-up on approved recoups in a timely manner to prevent/reduce accounts from aging
- Review remittance advices, both electronic and paper, and manually apply funds to claims that electronically rejected, and apply offset where necessary
- Review and complete patient refund requests, when appropriate
- Conduct payment research for both insurance and patient payments
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor or manager as deemed appropriate
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Familiarity with medical/ billing terminology and state offset/recoupment laws
- Knowledge of de minimis rules and guidelines by state preferred
- 2+ year(s) of insurance refund and recoup experience preferred
- Working knowledge of billing and reimbursement procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.