Robotics Software Developer
Refraction AI is on a mission to bring the future of last-mile delivery to life. With our fleet of REF-1 autonomous mobile delivery robots we are growing quickly, propelled by exciting advances in robotics technology, demographics, business models, social and regulatory policies. As consumer expectations and requirements change, so must the services and businesses that serve them. In a sector that is struggling to keep up due to legacy costs, dated infrastructure and poor integration, Refraction AI is a breath of fresh air, demonstrating what is possible with a little innovation, a dash of brilliance, and a whole lot of common sense. Refraction is seeking a software engineer to focus on the software and infrastructure used to remotely control and monitor robots.
- Connect daily with the operations team to understand challenges encountered by the robot and operators during deliveries.
- Work with engineering team members to develop plans for solutions to the challenges encountered by operations.
- Develop, implement, test and release software solutions to remedy challenges identified with operations.
- Improve the safety, robustness and reliability of the remote control and monitoring systems for the REF-1 robots.
- Own software development for client side communications between the robot and Refraction’s business intelligence server.
- Lead project for next generation robot remote monitor and control system, including survey of existing options and prototyping/testing potential solutions.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, robotics, engineering, or a related field
- User interface design experience
- Experience interfacing with web APIs
- Knowledge of networking architectures Linux command line environment proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Development experience with QT framework
- Experience writing applications with React
- Python development, testing and debugging skills
- Previous projects working with real-time video processing
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with cloud computing services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or similar)
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Work Location: Austin, TX, Ann Arbor, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Opportunity and Benefits of Employment: We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment for all of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer
This is a salaried, exempt position. We offer a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits and generous PTO. The company will provide the necessary technology resources.
Applying: It is strongly encouraged that you include links to any publicly accessible software repositories you have created or made significant contributions to (e.g. github, gitlab or bitbucket projects)