Republic is a financial technology firm that allows everyone to invest in private markets. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
Republic Capital is the institutional arm of Republic that invests in early and growth-stage technology companies. The firm has nearly $1 billion in assets under management across deep tech, fintech, and web3 investments.
Republic Capital is looking for a Fund Controller to help manage fund accounting. You will oversee the Fund Administrators and work closely across Finance and Investor Relations to analyze our growing portfolio and ensure seamless distributions back to our investors.
What you'll do
- Lead Republic Capital’s fund accounting function
- Manage Shadow Accounting OR Full NAV Reconciliation process
- Reconcile all portfolio and cash activity to source data
- Ensure fund expenses are accrued timely and in accordance with GAAP
- Review investor allocations and ensure fee/allocations are booked accurately
- Oversee Fund Admins and review quarterly net asset value reporting
- Liaise with fund administrator as they prepare the YE AFS
- Liaise with auditors to ensure completion of audits by SEC/External/Internal Deadlines
- SPV quarterly reconciliations
- Audit our records for completeness and accuracy of all SPVs / Vehicles that will be doing distributions
Our ideal candidate
- 6-8 years of fund or partnership accounting; CPA preferred
- Experience in both venture capital and crypto preferred
- Experience managing multiple projects, engagements and teams
- Ownership and accountability
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in several technologies platforms including Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and more
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and precision
- Comfortable working in a high-stakes, fast-paced environment
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly wellness stipend up to $100, quarterly swag bonuses, team lunches, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.
Currently, the estimated base salary range for this position is $110,000 - $130,000. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level, location, and qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V