Republic is a financial technology firm that allows everyone to invest in private markets. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and is comprised of a community of over 1.5M users across 100 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide. Core to Republic’s mission is empowering individuals to learn, discover and invest in private vetted investment opportunities.
We are looking for a Portfolio Director to be a key leader on the Republic Retail team. As Director of US Portfolio, you will be responsible for managing the post-raise founder operations and experience at scale. This position reports directly into the Deputy Managing Director for Republic’s US Retail division.
The Portfolio team is tasked with facilitating investor updates, collaborating with Sales to optimize alumni referrals and deal flow, and managing communications surrounding additional raises, follow-on financings, SAFE conversions, acquisitions, dissolutions and exit events. We pride ourselves in providing an excellent client experience and empowering companies to grow their business while leveraging Republic’s vast network and offerings. You will oversee the team and will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Legal, Operations, Sales, Partnerships and across the business to ensure a frictionless and efficient post-raise founder experience.
What you'll do
- Alumni relations and support: You will be responsible for managing Republic’s alumni relations. This includes managing post-raise communications, educational resources, customer delight initiatives, and managing a small team to provide excellent support to Republic’s portfolio companies.
- Post-raise workflows and operations: You will be responsible for streamlining existing post-raise processes including the crowd safe conversion process, transfer agent enrollment, secondary market launch and enrollment, issuance and distribution of tax documentation, communicating payment solutions for companies managing investor payouts, ongoing Fig and Debt offering payments, Portfolio perks management, quarterly investor updates, and other operational needs.
- Alumni inquiries and resources: The Portfolio team is responsible for building out resources to address common questions related to the post-raise experience. This requires in-depth knowledge surrounding the custodial crowd safe conversion process, M&A activity, and other matters that will require ongoing collaboration with Republic’s Legal, Product and Platform Operations teams to understand complex regulations and work flows.
Alumni referrals and deal flow: You will be responsible for working with Sales to optimize the deal flow engine to increase alumni referrals, repeat alumni raises, and generate other revenue-driving opportunities within the Republic ecosystem.
- Reporting and Dashboards: You will be responsible for refining and analyzing Portfolio dashboards to track KPIs including alumni satisfaction (NPS), and provide monthly founder feedback reports.
- Token offering and Deal Room portfolio management: You will be responsible for building the portfolio process for Republic’s token sale and accredited Deal Room offerings. This will require close collaboration with the Crypto, Sales and Product teams.
- Crisis communications: You will own the playbook for handling complex founder inquiries and complaints. You will be responsible for crafting communications to address founder frustrations including product bugs, legal complexities, and operational difficulties.
- Portfolio Wins Tracking: You will work with the marketing team to create collateral to highlight Portfolio wins, facilitate case studies and communicate Portfolio’s ongoing track record with the broader Republic community.
- The Republic Note: You will be responsible for building out reporting relevant to the Republic Note and communicating the health of Republic’s portfolio to investors.
- Team management: You will manage a team of two fulltime employees and one intern.
Our ideal candidate
- You preferably have 5+ years of founder relations management, portfolio management or operations experience and are comfortable handling complex client relations.
- You preferably have experience with fintech or finance, and strong financial acumen. You are confident speaking to a HNWI or institutional partners, portfolio founders and their legal counsel
- You understand the complexities of working in a highly regulated environment. You have familiarity with SEC/FINRA regulations, and will develop an in-depth understanding of different securities exemptions.
- You are a data-driven decision maker and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You have experience with client relations tools. You understand the tools available in digital spaces for account management and how to use them to build a best-in-class customer experience.
- You take initiative. There is no task too small or “not your job.” You understand that to begin, you will be required to ask questions and take action.
- You love numbers. You thrive working with data sets and analyzing results to drive product and communication.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills: You can represent Republic both online and in-person in a professional and clear manner. You can communicate complex topics in a simple and concise manner.
- You are a team-player and are comfortable working across different teams to accomplish important goals.
- You understand the big picture, but still sweat the details: you can manage complex projects that span multiple teams and relationships (and catch the spelling mistake in this bullet point on the first read).
- You ideally have experience with Salesforce, Airtable or another CRM
- You have prior management experience
- You ideally are familiar with the crypto space and/or have experience with tokenized assets
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly wellness stipend up to $100, quarterly swag bonuses, team lunches, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.
Currently, the estimated base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $150,000. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level, location and qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Something looks off?