Scripta Insights, is a high-growth, venture-backed healthcare technology company focused on lowering pharmacy benefit costs for health plans, self-insured employers and their plan members. They use sophisticated data analytics to identify savings opportunities making prescription drugs more affordable to their clients and the employees of their clients, helping to improve quality of life and the quality of outcomes.
Scripta uses data analytics to review pharmacy transactions allowing for better decision making both at the corporate level and at the employee level. The result is that self-insured employers and their employees save money on their pharmacy benefits…every transaction…every day. Today, their products are primarily sold to self-insured companies via benefit consultants and brokers. Over the next 12 months they are planning a significant expansion into the health plan (payer) market as well.
Reporting to the SVP of Growth, the Sales Director is responsible for identifying and securing new business within a defined geography. The Sales Executive will run the entire sales cycle from pre-sale through close. The ideal candidate will bring a stellar background in consultative solution selling and proven experience with senior-level HR executives, brokers and consultants.
· Develop and execute a distribution plan through brokers, consultants, partners and other channels in assigned region/territory.
· Establish and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at targeted potential clients and other key influencers.
· Be a trusted consultant and an advisor to external parties, enabling you to gain insights into your prospects' pain-points and buying needs.
· Provide expertise on Scripta’s product and conduct discovery calls, customized demos, and presentations to prospective customers.
· Lead in the creation of sales proposals and presentations and the delivery of these presentations to prospects.
· Anticipate prospective client needs, questions and hurdles and proactively address them by partnering with internal teams to build strategic solutions that deliver value.
· Advise internal product and leadership teams on product development opportunities gathered from partner insights.
· Demonstrate proficiency with discovery, ROI analysis and storytelling by crafting personalized presentations and analysis that clearly illustrates your understanding of a prospect’s pain points, integration needs and benefit ecosystem.
· Demonstrate consultative selling experience by understanding competitor’s environment, assessing, and capturing needs of prospective clients, and defining the unique value of Scripta’s solutions for each prospect.
· Understand and help define the decision-making process for each prospect including identification of champion, decision maker(s), influencers, and clear identification of next steps with appropriate urgency to close opportunities.
· Collaborate with clinical, product management and account management during the sales process and through handoff.
· Maintain up to date account information in the CRM including contacts, opportunities, pipeline with appropriate placement of opportunities by sales stage, and close date to ensure accurate forecast.
· Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
· A minimum of 8+ years of sales/business development experience in the HR Benefits industry with a demonstrated record of meeting and exceeding sales goals within the healthcare technology industry.
· Managed the complete sales cycle from qualification to product demo to closure.
· Proficiency in designing and carrying out a consultative sales strategy.
· Comprehensive understanding of the health/benefits market.
· Deep relations with the key brokers/consultants who call on self-insured employers with 2,500-50,000+ employees and Fortune 1000 HR leaders.
· Experience in selling to VP and C-level Executives as well as key influencers with a proven ability to persuade and influence others.
· Experience in developing relationships with health plan channels with a particular focus on regional health plans and Medicare Advantage plans is a plus.
· Experience in developing relationships and successfully closing deals with Fortune 1000 companies.
· Experience with pharmacy benefits is a plus.
· Experience selling a non-essential benefit a plus.
· A self-starter who can thrive in a high-growth, entrepreneurial startup environment with a reputation as an ethical professional, with strong consultative skills.
· Demonstrated organizational skills in managing multiple sales opportunities and tracking all changes in status and activities in the CRM.
· The ability to effectively build trust and establish meaningful relationships with clients and prospects.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and strong problem-solving skills.
· Proven time management skills to manage priorities and deliver timely and accurate work.
· Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
· Works with minimal supervision, strong prioritization and has the ability to adapt and be flexible.
· Ideally passionate about Scripta’s mission and interested in disrupting the pharmacy industry.
· A willingness to travel as required to prospects and clients.