Deployment & Maintenance Engineer
- Assist with receiving, unpacking, and testing of Tally hardware upon arrival at customer site
- Perform initial system level configuration of Tally to customer’s wireless network/internet
- Use Tally to build map of the customer’s environment and configure autonomous capture settings
- Perform quality assurance on the data captured and analyzed by Tally
- Answer any customer questions related to the data and robot performance
- Effectively troubleshoot issues that may arise in the field
- Ensure the smooth operations of the robots on-site after deployment setup which may include accompanying Tally through the store until the customer and shoppers are acclimated
- Answer questions / introduce the technology to the general public while accompanying the robot
- Represent the company and product in promotional or media events
- Manage against the customer specific project plan / Scope of Work (SoW) to ensure we meet or exceed the customers expectations
- Manage on-site customer relationships with multiple internal and external teams during the implementation of Tally
- Conduct research to evaluate means to enhance the shopper, customer, and robot experience
- Provide both feedback to product and engineering teams to improve product performance
- Assists in the development of customer testing plans
- Help define deployment best practices to ensure the efficient delivery of our solution while building support both from both customer and shoppers
- 3+ years of customer project management experience in a technical context, such as IT or complex professional systems deployment/integration.
- Demonstrated success working both as team member and leader.
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in customer settings
- Strong communication and relationship skills to collaborate effectively with internal and customer teams
- Knowledge of and interest in diverse technical topics, including software, hardware and robotics.
- Cursory knowledge of networking and network topologies, such as routers, WIFI, switches, and firewalls.
- Basic Linux skills required including the ability to work in a terminal only environment and experience operating on remote machines using SSH
- Basic knowledge of ROS is a plus