Robotics Software Engineer (Intern)
- Maintaining and extending the Tally software stack -- you will work on at least one major project during the internship period that will be presented to the entire organization at the end of the program
- Improving Tally's autonomy, navigation, perception, and human-robot interaction (HRI) behaviors.
- Testing and integrating new hardware components including new sensors that will go into the next generation of Tally.
- Evaluating third-party ROS packages for integration into our stack
- Currently in university for BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field - candidates closer to graduation are given preference
- Adept in C++ or Python programming -- the most important thing we care about is if you can code.
- Candidates with an existing code portfolios, personal coding projects outside of school, past internship experience, and/or outstanding academic performance tend to be given preference.
- Basic understanding of the Robot Operating System (ROS) and core concepts such as nodes, messages, topics, services, parameters, build system, etc.
- Understanding of shell scripting (e.g. bash) is recommended but not required
- Rudimentary understanding of Git or other source control system
- Rudimentary experience working with Ubuntu or other Linux distributions
Relocation and Time Frame
- The internship requires relocation to the San Francisco Bay Area for the duration of the position and being present at our HQ in-person daily Monday through Friday.
- Start date and end date are flexible as long as candidates are able to commit to a minimum of 3 contiguous months. However, we prefer the standard Fall (September-December), Spring (January-May), and Summer (June-August) periods to align with university semesters so that all interns start roughly at the same time as a "class".