Artist Development Manager, East
What you'll do:
- You’ll discover amazing artists, develop strong trusted relationships and lead your team to book amazing, diverse lineups for thousands of shows each year, overseeing show curation and show quality within your region.
- Develop local relationships in each city to ensure Sofar’s artist bookings are genuinely connected to, and representative of the city, including managing local scouting across your markets
- Work with our artist community team to cultivate and support the artists community within your region
- Manage and develop team members, as relevant
- Manage and develop new relationships with like-minded artist-centric organizations across the broader music industry
- Identify and ensure artist diversity for the region, forming partnerships where appropriate
- Develop and oversee programming to support the growth of artists in your region e.g., mentoring, artist residencies, workshops, new show formats, etc.
- Work with our Artist Services (Seated) and Commercial Partnerships teams to support bespoke experiences e.g., VIP events, fan retreats, private shows
- Collaborate with Sofar’s Marketing and Creative teams to promote regional artists across Sofar’s digital channels
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in booking, talent scouting and/or A&R in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a driving passion to support local musicians and to bring people together, evidenced by a deep network of close artist relationships
- You have strong relationships with the broader music industry
- You have a proven track record managing a team of 2-3 people to deliver results
- You’re comfortable working autonomously, making your own decisions while also collaborating and communicating with a diverse, distributed cross-functional team.
- Previous experience in customer service or hospitality is a big plus
- You have a sincere and empathetic approach to leadership and develop a self-motivated culture of honesty, inclusivity and accountability
- You are organized, detail oriented & work well with deadlines
- You are able to work flexible working hours
- Eligible for employment in the US; NYC-based is preferred