Social Media Coordinator
Administration, Marketing & Communications
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Sofar is creating space where music matters. Our unique live experiences provide a place for artist discovery, local community and connection in non-traditional, unexpected places across 78 countries and growing. Through our artist services, we provide tools and services for artists to directly connect with fans and build sustainable, creative lives on their own terms.
Our work is largely inspired by our values:
- Creativity: We exist to support artists. We empower everyone in the Sofar community to bring their own creative energy to connect artists and audiences.
- Community: We come together to create the spaces where music matters, intentionally welcoming and respecting all music lovers around the world.
- Joy: We believe in the transformative, unifying, and joyful power of experiencing live music together.
Our global Sofar team is deeply passionate about music and the work we do. When we’re not working, you can probably find us at a live show or telling anyone in earshot about the new song we can’t stop listening to. Discovering and supporting artists gets us out of bed every morning – and knowing that we’re creating memorable, intimate fan experiences worldwide drives our work forward.
As the Social Media Coordinator, you’ll manage channels for the world’s largest global concert community. You’ll use social media to reach and grow a large, diverse and progressive audience in the cities that we operate in – and help ensure all of our global and local channels are the go-to place for people to discover their next favorite artist.
Day to day, you’ll focus your efforts on creating copy and content for our global channels, working with our Social Media Manager to ensure we’re executing on campaigns and overall brand strategy. You’ll also help empower folks who run our local channels – monitoring analytics, creating “best practice” documentation, and bringing insights back to our central team. This is an incredible opportunity for folks who live and breathe music and social media – and who want to build a career that includes the best of both worlds.
What you'll do:
- Execute the social media strategy, including creative, copy, posting, and community management, for our global Instagram and Tiktok channels
- Increase audience growth and engagement on our channels in support of selling tickets to our shows
- Bring together analytical best practices with creativity and experimentation, maintaining an in-depth, analytical understanding of how each piece of content performs and providing a feedback loop to inform our strategy
- Ensure our social media presence is an extension of our brand and our brand values, with a focus on engaging and supporting local creative communities
- Partner with concerts and local teams to highlight best shows and artists, convey best practices, and create seamless avenues for feedback
Who you are:
- You bring 1-3 years of experience owning and developing social channels around music tastemaking, live events, artist discovery, and more
- You have a pulse on the most up-to-date social trends and the shifting music landscape for the younger generation of music tastemakers
- You’re a natural copywriter and know how to hook an audience
- You have a deep understanding of Instagram and Tiktok
- You are experienced in photo/video editing within the Adobe suite and Canva.
- You understand what content hits on what platform, have experience with community management, and feel energized by testing, growing, and evolving our social presence.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a team while executing a smart, impactful strategy.
- You possess a natural love for storytelling, particularly in the short form.
- You possess exceptional time and project management skills.
- You're comfortable with a range of tools such as Google Drive, Airtable, and Sprout (preferred)
If our mission and job opening resonates, you're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We are committed to creating a culture of belonging and building a diverse team that reflects a variety of lived experiences, perspectives, and skills.