Growth Manager, Bay Area
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Sofar is creating space where music matters. Our unique live experiences provide a place for artist discovery, local community and connection in non-traditional, unexpected places across 78 countries and growing. Through our artist services, we provide tools and services for artists to directly connect with fans and build sustainable, creative lives on their own terms.
Our work is largely inspired by our values:
- Creativity: We exist to support artists. We empower everyone in the Sofar community to bring their own creative energy to connect artists and audiences.
- Community: We come together to create the spaces where music matters, intentionally welcoming and respecting all music lovers around the world.
- Joy: We believe in the transformative, unifying, and joyful power of experiencing live music together.
Our global Sofar team is deeply passionate about music and the work we do. When we’re not working, you can probably find us at a live show or telling anyone in earshot about the new song we can’t stop listening to. Discovering and supporting artists gets us out of bed every morning – and knowing that we’re creating memorable, intimate fan experiences worldwide drives our work forward.
As a Growth Manager, you’ll build a strong and thriving Sofar community in the East Bay/San Francisco area. You’ll be a true Sofar ambassador – partnering closely with the concert operations and marketing teams to expand Sofar’s footprint, build partnerships, and execute local marketing initiatives. You’ll ensure that we’re selling tickets and growing Sofar in your city, always with a focus on supporting artists and creating quality experiences. Reporting into your Regional Director, this is an incredible opportunity for people who are passionate about music, sales, and building community.
This role is an outside sales position. Please note that this is a full-time role with supplemental commission pay. It requires on-call and weekend availability.
What you'll do:
- Strengthen Sofar’s footprint in our biggest markets by building the foundations for successful shows in diverse neighborhoods and unique spaces
- Work closely with central regional teams to be sure Sofar is putting on the right shows in the right spaces throughout your city
- Identify and build relationships with local organizations with like-minded audiences to build community, broaden our reach, co-promote shows, and sell sponsorships
- Execute local partner-driven marketing / promo plans to maximize ticket sales at shows in new neighborhoods and host spaces
- You’ll be a key local leader and always focused on quality shows and excellent artist experiences. You’ll work across the Sofar team to keep growing the Sofar community in ways consistent with Sofar’s values.
- Scout the coolest local spaces for Sofar shows and recommend artists who are a great fit to perform at Sofars.
Who you are:
- You have 1-3 years of experience in sales, partnerships, promotions, marketing, and/or live events.
- You’re actively engaged in your local market music and cultural scene and build community around it
- You have a strong pulse on your city, the unique nature of each neighborhood, and where people like to spend their free time
- You know how to connect with diverse community-driven organizations, media partners, or local businesses that would add strategic value to the work we are doing in your city
- You understand how to promote and build strategic alliances that will ultimately sell more tickets at our shows
- You’re able to effectively communicate learnings, strategic recommendations, and feedback to your peers and partners
- You have a deep and demonstrated commitment to supporting a vibrant and diverse creative community in your city
If our mission and job opening resonates, you're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We are committed to creating a culture of belonging and building a diverse team that reflects a variety of lived experiences, perspectives, and skills.