Account Executive, Media & Advertising Sales
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
The Media Sales Account Executive will acquire new and expand existing customers in Soofa’s Media and Advertising sales channel. This is a closing role, responsible for selling OOH placed-based media directly to brands and through agencies. This role is hybrid, with remote flexibility, focused on the Boston-area only.
Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding quarterly sales goals, consistently staying ahead of and managing an opportunity pipeline, and leading sales processes with multiple stakeholders , all while operating in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
Soofa is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages BIPOC and minority applicants. Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome. Learn more about Soofa's culture here.
- Lead discovery and pitch meetings with prospective media customers
- Meticulously maintain and opportunity pipeline, regularly checking in with prospective customers and always understanding the next step to close the deal
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams including operations, marketing, and city growth sales while maintaining client timelines
- Regularly report pipeline progress to senior leadership
- Negotiate contract terms, pricing, and timeline in collaboration with and approval from senior leadership
- Achieve quarterly sales targets
- 2-3+ years' full-cycle sales experience
- Experience with selling media and/or working with agencies
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed quotas and goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Transitions well from independent work to collaborating with a team
- Able to multitask with shifting priorities
- Highly coachable and seeks improvement/feedback
- Great relationship builder
- Excited by trying new things
Bonus Points For
- OOH advertising sales experience
- Existing relationships with agencies
- Prior success in a startup environment
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from anywhere
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Paid family time and parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.