Yard Stick PBC
- Design and build calibration and test fixtures to assess accuracy and robustness of soil probes.
- Assist in the design, build, calibration, test, ship, and maintenance of probes.
- Work with soil science and machine learning teams to interpret data trends and inform future sensor design.
- Work with field sampling and R&D teams to identify in-field soil sampling pain points and develop hardware solutions to improve process efficiency.
- Develop and execute test procedures for custom hardware in agricultural and grazing fields.
- Travel within US 2-3x per year to perform in-situ user testing of probes with field sampling team.
Qualifications (Must Have)
- 3-4 years creative mechanical design experience.Examples of owning a project from concept through implementation.
- Familiarity with prototyping processes and manufacturing methods.
- Strong understanding of common engineering fundamentals.
- Passion for climate impact!
- Enthusiasm to learn, teach, and collaborate.
Qualification (Nice to Have)
- Experience with Python development: writing sensor data acquisition scripts, jupyter notebook data analysis, git version control.
- Experience with mechanical design for thermal management and ingress protection.
- Experience with basic electronics.
- Experience designing and building calibration processes.